KPMG’s goals for the project:
The goal of this global initiative is “to start to reveal a shared understanding of how responsible tax at an international level works across corporations and tax jurisdictions, and for both advanced and emerging economies.”
To facilitate this journey, the Global Responsible Tax Project will undertake the following initiatives:
- We will hold a series of high level roundtable meetings across the globe to discuss all the relevant issues about the desirability and feasibility of a global responsible tax
- We will continue to enhance and facilitate an online conversation through this website
- Over time we will build a new community of all stakeholders who the common objectives of the Global Responsible Tax Project
- As the discussion unfolds, we will contribute to the journey from policy to implementation and practice
- We will establish a Steering Committee of senior leaders across the spectrum of stakeholders engaged in and benefiting from a transparent and responsible global tax community
The KPMG Global Responsible Tax Project invites the full range of stakeholders, including taxpayers, academia, media, government, global bodies, politicians, NGOs and tax professionals, to inform thinking on what responsible tax behavior looks like in a global context.
Read more on the project here.