Press release from Reputation Institute:
The World’s Most Reputable Companies in 2019
In 2019, ten global companies lead the reputation recovery and are best equipped to mitigate against failure and reputational risk by proactively managing reputation, delivering on stakeholder expectations, and providing the necessary assurances.
These are the companies that have earned the trust of their customers, employees, and investors across the world. They have built credibility with the people who matter most and while financials are strong – they are perceived as having a greater purpose beyond profit.
- Focus on enterprise. Enterprise dimensions – such as corporate responsibility, workplace, and leadership – are increasing in importance while product-related dimensions are decline. In 2019, perceptions of enterprise – who you are – drives 66% of corporate reputation vs. what you sell which accounts for only a third.
- Deliver on corporate responsibility and sustainability. Having a positive influence on society and being ethical and transparent stand out as essentials components in driving corporate reputation – but are also areas in which companies are perceived to underperform. This is the biggest opportunity to build credibility among those who are doubtful.
- Leverage leadership. Corporate leadership is becoming more important – and CEO reputations are closely aligned with that of the overall business. In times where CEOs are increasingly expected to play a more public role and actively communicate their companies’ values, understanding what makes for a reputable CEO is a key piece of the reputational puzzle.
- Express your story. Companies need to have a strong corporate narrative to stand behind. Those who can consistently and genuinely communicate their purpose and what makes them unique win on reputation.
- Be more human. Actively managing what characteristics define your corporate brand persona. While being perceived as self-serving is to be avoided at all cost, highlighting the company’s caring yet progressive side is essential.
- Engage market influencers. Market Influencers – those individuals who are highly engaged and vocal around industry topics that matter to them – are leading indicators of reputation. They reinforce both companies’ positive and negative perceptions among the informed general public; developing the right strategy with this key stakeholder can further accelerate reputational growth or spark a turnaround in reputational fortune.
Sources: All texts, content, quotes and graphics by Reputation Institute. All credits and rights to Reputation Institute.